Jobs and activities are expected to remain in place before their deadline across California, as well as the availability of high-quality beds to continue to reduce before the permanent COVID-19 hike, state officials said.
While it is unclear, Governor Gavin Newsom on Monday made it clear that home stay orders should be extended for Southern California and San Joaquin Valley.
The two counties – including California’s 23rd 58 counties – are expected to exit the state order starting next week.
However, according to Newsom, it is doubtful that it will work, as the two have seen a steady flow in their archives of the most important care beds available to treat COVID-19 patients.
California has broken down its daily record of the number of coronavirus cases in a single day. The county was ruled by the Times on Monday with 62,661 new coronavirus cases reported – the most in a single day since Friday, and 53,326 coronavirus cases reported.
The state now compares about 45,000 new coronavirus cases a day in the past week – more than seven times as many as in the last six weeks.
On Monday, ICUs in both Southern California and San Joaquin Valley were up to 0%, state figures show.
This is not to say that ICU beds are not unoccupied, as the state uses a weighted average to ensure an openness for non-COVID patients. However, officials and technicians have learned the importance of the ICU being able to hire doctors and nurses, preventing effective care for individuals from COVID patients -19 heart attacks in people who were seriously injured in a car accident.
“Perhaps because of those actions now, we need to extend that stay at home,” Newsom told reporters.
That council is used when ICU incomes fall below 15% across a state defined by the state, as was the case in Southern California, San Joaquin Valley, Greater Sacramento and to Bay Bay.
North California communities are now able to circumvent the new taboos – which includes reducing the ability of small stores to close down businesses such as hair salons, nail salons , card rooms, museums, zoos and aquariums; and a ban on most gatherings, hotel rooms for sightseeing and an outdoor restaurant.
Domestic orders last three weeks. After that, they can raise confidence in a position that is expected in the future.
“Right now our mornings do not show any of the places that could first go to the home side of the home at home order it might work,” said Dr. Mark Ghaly, California secretary of health and human services, said in a statement Monday. “But as they say, we will only call when we actually do the numbers, when the time is right.”
The details of it all leave a little bit of serenity. According to the state, the orders “will continue to affect the region if its ICU capacity is extended to four weeks … less than 15%.”
“The order will remain in place until the ICU’s estimated capacity is more than 15%,” the state administration said. “This should be chosen at least twice a week.”
It is not clear if a piece is required to remain under the order for a set period of time after the first count, or the restrictions can be lifted when the predictions come on the threshold .
The California Health and Human Services Agency did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday afternoon.
The hope of increasing the number of taboos, although not required in many corners, is not surprising given the continued impact of coronavirus in the state.
More Californians are dying from the disease than ever before. The state averaged 233 deaths a day last week, more than double the number two weeks ago, according to data compiled by The Times .
More than 2,700 Californians have died from COVID-19 in the past 14 days, a significant figure for 12% of the state’s 22,600-plus fatalities.
Those numbers serve as “sober, sober memories of the death of this disease, and how tragic it is to lose everyone’s life,” Newsom said.
New coronavirus infections have risen to unprecedented levels in recent weeks, and hospitals are struggling to keep up with the flooding of COVID-19 their emergency departments.
“Our hospitals are already gone, and the high health care we used to have in LA County is starting to get worse as our health care workers are ahead of the curb,” he said. County Sheriff Barbara Ferrer said during a press conference Monday.
As of Sunday, the most recent day of full data, 5,866 coronavirus-positive patients were hospitalized in County LA – accounting for a third of the total government population of 17,190.
The number of Angelenos fighting COVID-19 in the ICU, 1,202, is the highest according to figures from the state.
The country’s hospitals are “under pressure and under high pressure,” said Drs. Christina Ghaly, county health services manager.
The number of ICU beds available in the state was reduced to 30 on Sunday morning. While that image is constantly changing when patients are admitted, released or killed, it still shows how hospitals have expanded and their staff have worked hard.
“I have been a doctor for about 20 years. I have never seen anything in a hospital, beyond the classroom, that has to do with the nature of the outcome right now,” said Christina Ghaly.
Officials have said they will fully consider what is best for them.
Due to the lagging nature of coronavirus, modern hospitals are increasingly being used by people who have been infected for the past two or three weeks – the number of cases, although high, is higher more humble than it is today.
Going out of record high to more than 14,000 new cases every day, Ferrer said County LA 7,000 and COVID-19 could see hospitals in two weeks from now. with the risk of daily deaths rising to 110.
Preventing that “climb to the top of the climb,” Ferrer said, urging everyone, citizens and businesses alike, to use all possible tools to protect themselves. down with their loved ones from illness.
This means putting on masks in public, staying home when you are sick and washing your hands often. Most importantly, officials are urging residents to stay home as soon as possible – and avoid gathering with people they are not living with, even on big days.
Many people are reluctant to call it a Thanksgiving Day celebration, Ferrer said, and re-creating it for Christmas or New Year’s could have dire consequences.
“A host of issues from the winter holidays will be detrimental to our hospital system and, as a result, more people will not be comfortable with us by 2021,” he said. he is.
Times columnist John Myers gave the report.